What’s Happening With David:

OCTOBER 31, 2012

It’s been many months since I last posted, but with our upcoming national election, I felt it I should post the following piece.



Let me preface this by saying that I will vote. Too many good men and women have given a lot (some gave all) for my right to vote. Not to vote is to spit in the face of those who have sacrificed so much.

So on November 6, 2012 I will walk into my designated voting place, and I will vote!

With that settled, the question is, “Who will I vote for?”

As a Christian, my duty is to seek God’s will in every decision I make. This includes how I will cast my vote. But before I can truly discern His will, I must first die to self. That means I cannot vote for a canditate I like the most, or think is best qualified. I must remove my personal opinion and the opinions of others from the equation.

It is one thing to say, “I’m a Christian”, and quite another to live a Christian life. Living a Christian life is to follow Jesus. Since Jesus is the Word of God made flesh (John 1:14), I can only follow Him by obeying His Word.

Being a Christian means I’m a believer in Jesus Christ. That He is the Son of God and the Savior of the world. It also means that I believe He (the Word) is absolute truth. This means that my opinions and beliefs must yield to His authority and the Truth of His Word.

So when I approach the matter of voting, I do so with a heart open to the truth of God’s Word. What is God’s will? Everything else is secondary.

Following are four examples of how the Word of God should impact a Christian’s decision on how to vote. There are many other issues involved in any election, but I use these for demonstration purposes:

When His Word (Jesus) teaches me that life is a gift from Him, I vote for those who support life.

When His Word (Jesus) teaches me that homosexuality is wrong, I vote for those who support this position.

When His Word (Jesus) teaches me that people should work, I vote for those who encourage those who can work, to do so.

When His Word (Jesus) teaches me not to borrow money, I vote for those who will not increase my debt.

Since no candidate will always line up with God’s Word on every issue, I must use discernment and wisdom in my decisions.

I do this by selecting the candidate that most closely lines up with the Word of God on matters where the Bible speaks clearly.

Following His Word assures me that I have exercised my right to vote in a manner most consistent with God’s will. When I stand before Him, I won’t have to explain why I voted Democratic or Republican, but it will be clearly evident where my loyalty lies.

February 8, 2012

Diane and I just got in from the movies. We saw “Extremely Loud…” with Tom Hanks and Sandra Bullock. Story about a young boy who lost his father on 9/11/01 in the terror attacks. It’s a sad movie but we both enjoyed it.

Work has been going well, but a lot of changes going on at TBN. We had to let our secretary go in December, so that means more work for us. Bur she wasn;t the only one, quite a few staff members have been let go over the last couple of months. Please be in prayer for TBN. Regardless of your opinion of Christian television, the enemy hates the fact that TBN carries the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ around the world, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days per year.

Valentine’s Day is coming up next week and I’m not sure if Diane and I will do anything special or not. Our son and his family went to Gatlinburg, TN last weekend and had a great time, and our daughter and her hubby are going to Helen, GA this coming weekend. But since our 45 annivesary is coming up on February 28, 2012, I think Diane and I may skip Valentine’s Day, maybe just exchange cards, and plan a road trip for our anniversary.

I’m thinking we may swing out to Shreveport, LA for a day or so, drop down to New Orleans for the weekend, back through Biloxi and Gulport, then back to Mobile, AL and on up I-65 to I-59 to Gadsden. We’ve talked about it a little, but haven’t firmed up our travel plans yet.

I’ll be preaching at The Holy Comforter House this Thursday evening at 7pm and I’m really looking forward to it. Those people are so sweet and hungry for the Word of God, it makes preaching easy!

Well, that’s pretty much what’s been happening in my world over the last few weeks, so I’ll close for now. Please remember to pray for me and my family as we endeavor to do the Lord’s will. Sometimes the opposition is great, but our God is greater!


January 15, 2012

My, my, my! How time flies!!! It’s been almost four months since I’ve blogged. I apologize to my many friends who have been waiting with bated breath, surviving only to read these words of wisdom I post from time to time, and to learn the intimate, nitty-gritty details of my life. 🙂

To catch up – Diane’s Birthday was October 6th, so since Diane and I were in NYC working, we stayed over the weekend and went to see “Jersey Boys”. It was a great play with lots of music from the 50’s and 60’s which we really enjoyed. Afterwards, we took a bicycle “rickshaw” down Broadway to “Danny, Jr’s.”, a restaurant next to our hotel for a late dinner.

Diane said it was like “a real date”! We had a wonderful evening!

The last weekend in October we met our good friends, Joel and Janice Owen, at a cottage in Gatlinburg, TN. We had a relaxing weekend, seeing the sights and doing a little shopping.

November was busy with the upcoming Holidays. Diane outdid herself cooking our Thanksgiving Dinner. We had turkey, ham, dressing, green beans, pintos, potatoe salad, slaw roll, cornbread, iced tea, and all kinds of desserts. Our entire family was able to be there – all the kids and grandkids – along with the in-laws and outlaws 🙂 . Even my younger brother Richard and his fiance’, Karen, came over and brought Mom with them. She’s almost 92, so I cherish each time we can be together.

The week after Thanksgiving, I developed a staph infection in (of all places) my nose. Within a few days, my nose was bleeding, swollen, and looked like Rudolph! I went to an Ear,Nose, and Throat (ENT) Doctor who prescribed ten days of antibiotics. On the 6th. day of the antibiotics, I aspirated (inhaled) a cheerio while eating breakfast. (You’d think I’d know how to eat by now!)

Anyway, that provoked a fit of coughing, which failed to stop. After three days of coughing, I had finished the antibiotics, so I went back to the ENT about the coughing.

He went through my nose into my throat attempting to see the cheerio, but failed to find it and said it was probably in my lung. While he was looking at my throat, I began coughing again. He said it looked like a volcano…each time I coughed, phelgm would spew from my right lung into the back of my throat.

He sent me for a chest x-ray because he was concerned thatI had developed pneumonia from the cheerio, but the x-ray showed no pneumonia. Sooooo… he put me on another ten days of antibiotics to clear up the infection in my lungs. By now, I was wheezing with each breath and had a rattling in my chest. .

After the second round of antibiotics were finished, I was no better (actually worse) so I went back to see the ENT. He sent me to a Pulmonologist (I think he just wanted rid of me) for a Bronchoscopy. This is where the hospital puts you to sleep as an outpatient and he actually goes down into your lungs with a scope and looks at the bronchial tubes and lungs.

He found no foreign object, just some infection in my right upper lung, which was sent off to be cultured to determine what type of bacteria it was. Turns out, they still don’t know, but he put me on another round of antibiotics (which I finished this morning) and I seem to be getting better now.

Thank God!

All of this was going on during the Christmas and New Years Holidays, and my sweet little wife had to pretty much do all the decorating (with helpo from our daughter), all the cleaning, all the cooking, all the shopping for gifts, while I lay in my recliner, coughing my insides out!

Talk about a “Help-Meet”, the Lord knew what I needed when hHe gave her to me. Diane is such a blessing, not only to me, but to almost everyone who knows her!

Anyway,we had a great Christmas, with good food, and the family all together!

During the Holidays, in spite of the coughing, I managed to lay down the initial track for my next single. I’m so excited about this country song I wrote for Diane, entitled, “Deep Inside My Heart” God willing, it’ll be released for radio play sometimes in the spring of 2012. Once released, it will be available on Amazon and CD Baby. It may also be purchased directly from my website.

In spite of the battles we’ve faced, fought, and won, GHod is still good and I’m excited about the good things He has prepared for us in 2012.

As a side note – We’ve experienced some downsizing in our department at TBN in 2011, and unfortunately we had to let our secretary, Brenda Edwards, go. We certainly miss her (she’s like family) and this means increased workload for Diane and I.

With the extra workload, I have found it necessary to end the outreach to the fine folks at Campbell Court. Diane and I have grown to love each one of these precious people, so this was not a decision made lightly, but we believe it is the Lord’s will.

Also, I have cut back on the e-mail outreach of “The Daily Bread” and “The Word For The Week”. I know many of you enjoy these devotions, and I will continue to post them from time to time, but I cannot continue with the daily frequency of the past. I hope you understand.

When devotions are posted. a link will be provided on FaceBook. And of course, anyone wishing to receive the devotions via e-mail may do so by providing me with their e-mail address.

Well, as they say in Hollywood, “That’s a wrap!” for now. Please e-mail me with any comments, suggestions, or prayer requests. Know that I will pray!




September 20 2011

Hello again!

It’s been quite some time since I’ve blogged, so I’ll try to give a general overiew of what’s been going on with the Adcocks since last time.

I’ve been busy at work and God has really blessed. So far this year, I have been able to get the TBN networks placed in more than two million homes.

This required a lot of work and travel. I’ve been to Chicago, IL; Cleveland, Ohio; San Fransisco, CA;  Virginia Beach, VA; Gulf Shores, AL; Macon, Georgia; Memphis,Tennessee; just to mention a few places I’ve been.

Diane and I wil be in NYC the first week of October working. Since October 6th is her birthday, we’re planning to have a nice dinner and see “Jersey Boys” the musical on Friday evening.

I’ve met and made friends with a lot of wonderful people during my travels. It’s amazing how God brings people together!

And I’ve been blessed to be able to relax a little also! Since Diane travelled with me to Gulf Shores, we had our son and his family join us and took a couple of days off while there to enjoy the surf, sun, and beach. It was a great time!

My health has been good, although I’ve struggled with some issues. I experienced debilitating fatigue for a season, until we discovered it was a side effect of some cholestrol medication I was taking. Once I stopped taking that my energy level went up.

I really appreciate all those who visit this site and e-mail me to leave ecouraging comments. I know many of you pray for me and my family and we thank you for that. Your prayers are needed, requested, and much appreciated.

While on the subject of prayer, let me remind you that we at this ministry are committed to praying for each of you as well. I personally pray for each person that contacts us. Additionally, each specific prayer request submitted is prayed over in confidentiality and with faith and confidence.

Our family has been doing well – my daughter, Diana, and her family are doing well. Diana is homeschooling Cody now, and he is really doing well. He is learning to read now, although secular schools had him for many years and either were unable to teach him to read, or just didn’t try. My granddaughter – Charity – is working on her Masters degree at UAB in Birmingham, AL, so she has moved out on her own now.

My son Dale, and his family are doing well. Dale is out of work again and really needs a job. Let me rephrase that  – Dale is currntly unemployed and needs the Lord to direct him to become involved where He wants him to be. Wherever the Lord wants Him and whatever God has for him to do, is where he needs to be. God wil not only guide, but also provide for him and his family as well. Dale joined Diane and I in servie last week at Campbell Court and we were so thankful. He brought his guitar and played with me during praise and worship. I was so glad he did! He also brought his two youngest sons, Danny and Dustin,

Dale’s kids are all growing up – Tre’, his oldest son, is playing football this year for the Gadsden City High School junior varsity team. Becuse he’s such a big guy, he plays offensive and defensive line, guard and tackle. Destiny is 10 now and is becoming more beautiful and sweeter every day. Danny (5) and Dustin (3), well, what can you say about them. They are so precious and they are each others best friends. Danny is the leader and thinker, and so very loving towards everyone. Dustin is 1,000% little boy and always getting into things. He recently shut the truck door on his hand and broke a finger.

Diane and I are doing well. She gets sweeter every day. I have learned just what the Lord meant when He sgave him a wife as a helper. She is such a blessing to me and I love her more every day.

I’ll be back in the studio over the next few week recording some new material. I hope to release some new work nationally over the next several months. One of the new songs will be released to the country music audience and a couple of ohers to the Christian market. Please remember to pray with us for the Lord’s blessings, direction, and guidance in these endeavors.

Remember a new “Daily Bread” devotion is posted each day at:


Or you can sign up to receive them via e-mail.

It’s a little after midnight so I’ll close for now. Feel free to leave comments or any suggestions you may have. Also, e-mail any prayers requests to:


May God continue to bless each of you.




May 12, 2011

Hello everyone! I hope everyone you know and love the Lord Jesus Christ as much as I do.

I’ll brng everyone up to date with what’s been going on with the Adcock’s since it’s been six weeks since my last blog.

My daughter Diana (who helps me with the ministry) and her family are doing well. Her health is good and for that we praise God. She is till taking insulin but is reducing the amount in hopes of soon being completely off it for good. Please join me in prayer for her.

Diana’s husband, Darrell, is doing well. He had a heart cath a few weeks ago and got a good report. His heart is strong and healthy with no significant blockages!

My eldest granddaughter, Charity (Diana’s daughter) just completed her first semester at University of Alabama in Birmingham, AL. She’s working on her Master’s!

How old does that make me? LOL

My eldest grandson, Cody, is being homeschooled by Diana and loving it. He’s 15 now…the years go by so fast

My son, David, Jr. is doing well. His job recently cut out his overtime, so please join me in believing God will provide a better job for him. With a wife and four children, he needs a good paying job so he doesn’t have to work 60 hours a week.

My daughter-in-love, Connie, is doing well. She has her hands full with a 14 y.o. (Tre’), a 10 y.o. (Destiny), a 5 y.o. (Daniel), and our little caboose – Dustin, who’s now 3.

The older kids are doing good in school and looking forward to being out for the summer. The two younger ones are growing like weeds. In fact, they’re spending the nght with us tonight and have just gone to bed with their Nana. (They wore me out chasing them through the house playing earlier. I’m not as young as I used to be!

Diane is doing well. She’ll be leaving ext Monday to work in New Orleans for a few days. I’ll miss her but the break will probably do her good.

In addition to working for TBN I’ve been busy with the ministry. I preach everywhere the Lord opens a door, Each Sunday I minister to the elderly. With sermons and songs I visit them in their homes and God always shows up. Each Tuesday I preach and sing at Campbell Court Community Center.

Mitchell and I will be singing at a birthday party for one of the residents at Northside Healthcare this coming Saturday. Ms, Jula Mitchell will be 90 ears old and we’ll be singing Happy Birthday to her and the other elderly residents, and putting on about a one hour show for them all.

A week from tonight, we’re invited to sing, and I’ll be preaching at The Holy Comforter House, another senior citizen retirement community.

Then the first wek of June, we’ve been invited to minister in Word and song at the S.E.  Rally for “Coaches For Christ.”

God is good and is keeping us busy and we’re thankful for that. All these events are open to the public and if you’re in the area, you have an open invitation to join us. We’d love to have you!



March 30, 2011

It’s been two months and two days since I last blogged. Sorry about taking this long, but as you read, you’ll discover that I’ve had a lot going on lately, so this will be a pretty lengthy post!

In addition to personal Bible study, each Saturday and Sunday I spend time studying the Word of God for the message to bring that week. This may not sound like much, but coupled with prayer, each sermon requires several hours of preparation.

I also spend time praying over each service. Then of course, the hour or so of ministry each service requires.  All in all, it is certainly a “full-time” job. Please remember to pray for all those men and women called by God to preach His Gospel!

I had last blogged on Friday, January 28, 2011. Three days later (February 1, 2011) I suffered a heart attack and spent four days in the hospital. I had four stents put in to open clogged arteries, and believe I am well on the road to a complete recovery.

I thank my God for sparing my life! I want to be able to see my grandchildren (and even their children) grow up and succeed in life. I want to be able to help them in whatever manner the Lord directs, and to speak over them, and speak into their lives concerning the Lord Jesus Christ!

And I want to be able to continue ministering His word to each of you!

I thank God for the physicians, nurses, and staff at Riverview Regional Medical Center and for Dr. B.J. Patel. I believe God used each of them to save my life and I’m very thankful for their care, compassion, and concern during their attendance to me.

And I thank God for you – my many friends who lifted my name before the Lord, asking and believing for Him to touch me and raise me up. So many were praying for me, it would be impossible to name them all.

A special thanks to Pastor Gene Hollis for his ministry to me and my family during this difficult time. He was faithful to call and visit often, seeing to my needs and the needs of my family. I’m confident that the “Prayer of Faith” he offered up is one of the reasons I’m still here.

My friends at work sent their prayers and well wishes (along with some beautiful flowers). I am so blessed to work with such good, caring people.

Special thanks to Dan Mattox for his visit and prayer. As it happened, the morning he visited I was actually in the midst of having another heart attack. After he and my wife prayed, I was fine!!!

I’ve had to take it easy for the last month or so, but am almost back to full speed. Of course, I’ve had to make some major changes in my lifestyle, especially my eating habits.

I’m now eating five or six small meals daily, rather than the two or three HUGE meals I used to eat. And you know what, I find I have a lot more energy by eating like this.  Another benefit: I had been previously been diagnosed with diabetes and was taking pills twice daily. Now, my blood sugar levels are perfectly normal Praise God, and I’m believing the Doctor will take me off the medication. Plus – I’m losing weight!!! Hallelujah!!!!

In other news, I was contact by a friend from the past, Johnny Poore, who invited me to preach at his church, Heritage Baptist, in Southside, AL. I used to work with Johnny many years ago on the Gadsden, AL Police Department, so it was good to get together with him and his lovely wife, Kay, after all these years.

I preached at Heritage on Sunday morning, February 27, 2011. Although I was still a little weak, we had a great service and the Lord really moved, with several people coming forward for prayer. One couple having marital problems came forward and rededicated their lives and their marriage to the Lord! To God be the Glory!!!

I also recently met a wonderful Christian brother, Doug Alexander, from Cullman, AL. Doug is the President of “Coaches for Christ”., an organization devoted to promoting Christ and Christian fellowship among RV’ers across America. Doug invited me to speak at their meeting in Perry, GA on Wednesday, March 16.

Diane and I drove to Perry, GA on Tuesday afternoon and met with Doug and Kay at their motor home. The convention/rally was held at the National Fairgrounds in Perry, GA and it was something to see! Diane and I were amazed at the number of motor homes gathered there. Almost three thousand motor homes from all across the United Staes and Canada.

Doug and Kay were such great hosts, inviting us into their motor home and taking us around to all the vendors, introducing us to everybody.

On Wednesday morning I shared my personal testimony and picked my guitar and sang one of my songs. Everyone seemd to enjoy the time of fellowship, and I did get to pray for one dear lady.

And eat!!! Diane and I learned that RV’ers are like a herd of cattle as they take their huge motor homes across the land – wherever they stop, they eat! Doug called it “grazing the local eateries!” 🙂

We did have a lot of fun and thank God for bring Doug and Kay into our lives. They will soon have another rally at the speedway in Talladega, AL and we’re invited to speak and preach at that rally as well! Pray that God will use us mightily!

God does such neat things – in ways we would never expect.

Doug and I had met at a gunshow in Birmingham, AL. I actually bought a gun from him, and that’s why we thought we were there.

But God had other plans, didn’t He! He can be soooo sneaky sometimes!!!

In addition to the doors of ministry He opened from our meeting, God used that “chance” encounter to bless us in another way.

We had sold Dianes 1999 car and were looking to replace it with a newer model. We had looked for weeks, but had found nothing she was happy with. In passing, we mentioned to Doug and Kay that we were looking to get Diane a car, and, “Lo and Behold”, they had a friend who had a car for sale.

Long story short, we ended up meeting their friends (Tim and Debra Cooper) from Hanceville, AL (now they’re our friends too!) and bought the car they had for sale!!!

Now Diane is the proud owner of a 2004 Volvo S60, 4dr. sedan. It’s Ruby Red and a 5 cylinder that averages almost 30 miles per gallon. She loves it!!! And I have to say, it fits her to a T!

Who would have imagined that all those good things would happen in our lives, just because I went to a gun show?

Only God!!!

Anyway, exciting things are going on, because God is up to something GOOD!!!

I’ll be back in the studio soon to finish my latest album. I hope to have it completed for release by late summer or early fall. I’ll keep everyone posted.

For those interested, remember to sign up on this website to receive “Daily Bread”, an e-mail devotional sent each Monday – Friday directly to your inbox. You’ll also find my sermons and songs available there.

Please leave your prayer requests there. I will pray over them!

Additionally, for those in the Gadsden, AL area, I’m preaching and singing every Tuesday at 5pm at Campbell Court Community Center. It’s open to the public and if you’d like to be blessed, I invite you to come join us in service. Directions are available on the website. If you would like to book me to sing and preach at your church or event, you can do this on my website!

I know this has been a lengthy post, but I hope you enjoyed catching up on all the things God has been doing in our lives and ministry. I hope to post again next month!



January 28, 2011

It’s be a little over a month since I blogged last and thought I’d better catch everyone up on what’s been going on with the Adcock’s.

The Holidays were great but I’m glad they’re over and we’re back in our normal routine. As everyone in the Gadsden area knows, we had our first White Christmas on record!!! Yay!!!

I remember when we had a dusting of snow back in the early 90’s, but this time we had at least two or three inches, and it stayed around for a few days too, so everyone could enjoy it.

Diane and I had been looking at trucks to replace the one that I wrecked before Thanksgiving and finally found one we liked up in Crossville, AL.

We bought it January 5, 2011 and left it in their shop for a day to have my trailer hitch and running boards from my old truck put on.  On Saturday, I took it to Auto Specialists in Albertville, AL to have a pinstripe put on it (really cool looking I think!), and a locking lid for the bed of the truck. We really like it although Diane says it’s too big for her to drive.

Then, on Sunday, January 9, 2011, we experienced the “Blizzard of 2011”. Well, at least it was a blizzard by Alabama standards. It was really a significant snow event. We got about six inches of snow and ice at our house! That’s the most snow in the Gadsden area I remember having since I was a little boy, maybe 45 or 50 years ago.

The tempature had been low for several days, so the ground was very cold and frozen by the time it all began. First, it sleeted enough to completely cover the ground with a layer of ice first, then the snow began!

It snowed for several hours, very heavy at times, then tapered off after about 5 or 6 inches. Then it began to sleet again,  putting a layer of ice beneath and on top of the snow. With that much insulation, the snow stayed on the ground for about 8 or 9 days!

Diane and I were snowbound for five days, unable to leave the house. Thankfully, we had brought our laptops home and transferred the office phones to our home phone in preparation for the storm before the snow began. This allowed us to work from home without missing any time.

By the time we were able to get out and return to the office Thursday afternoon,  most of the roads were clear and safe for driving. But when we returned home, both of our driveways were still completed encased in snow and ice. Since both the driveways have an incline up to the house,  I was uanble to get up them in my truck and had to park at the bottom of the lower driveway, about five feet out of the roadway. So we had to walk up to the house through the ice and snow. As we were coming down to get in the truck Friday morning, Diane slipped and fell on her butt! After I made sure she was okay, I had to laugh!! Of course, Diane didn’t see anything funny about it! I don’t know why! It was pretty funny from where I was standing! 🙂

On Saturday, Diane was able to get her car out of the driveway and do some errands, but when she got bak home, she couldn’t get up the driveway. She parked in the upper driveway about ten feet off the street. My truck was in the lower driveway.

Sunday, January 16, we had to leave for Dallas, TX for our annual Sales Training meeting. After we packed, I had to carefully take our luggage down to the truck. As we started to leave Diane rememberd she had left her coat in her car and went out the top driveway to get it. I heard her yell, “David, my car’s gone!!!”

We looked down the driveway and (sometime that morning) her car had slid down the driveway, dropped about four feet off our rock wall, and was sitting in the middle of the street SIDEWAYS!!!, still in park. Thank God, no one had come over the hill or they would have T-Boned her car in the passenger doors.

I was able to get it back into the driveway about five feet off the road and used two of the large rocks it had torn from our wall to chock the front and rear wheels so it wouldn’t slide back into the road while we were gone. Then finally, we were off for Dallas. We stopped in Bossier City, LA Sunday night, then drove on to Dallas on Monday.

When we arrived, we met with Bob (our boss) and his wife Joanie. It was good to see them again!

We also met with Mary Shipley, one of the sweetest ladies I’ve ever had the pleasure of meeting. She helps everyone in the cable department do their job and is an invaluable asset to TBN. We also met Tom Schulsser, the engineer for the Dallas station and a big help to all of us in the cable department. Tom is a unique guy with special skills, and everyone just loves him.

After work Monday, most of the others had arrived, so we all went to dinner together at Outback, near the TBN Cable offices.

Of course Bob and Joanie were there as well as Phil Greenaway, the station manager for WDLI in Cleveland, OH and Cable Rep for Ohio. I had met Phil last October at his station along with Mark Crouch, and we worked together in Ohio a couple of days, but it was Diane’s first time to meet him. Phil’s a great guy with a terrific sense of humor.

Gary Hodges, the station manager from WTJP TV-60 in Gadsden, AL and the Mid-America Cable Rep was there. It was good to see him again too. Most people think since Gary, Diane, and I all work in Gadsden we must see each other every day, or at least quite often, but actually, the opposite is true. Since Diane and I have our own office and Gary works at WTJP, we sledom see each other at all. In fact, I remarked to Gary that it was strange how we see each other more often in Dallas although we both work in Gadsden, AL.

Craig Nelson, the station manager in Tulsa and Cable Rep for Oklahoma was there as well. We had spoken previously on conference calls, but it was our first time to meet him in person. He was kind of quite and seems lika a really nice guy, very intelligent and an asset to TBN.

Cesaer Espanol, the National Director for Enlace TBN USA was there as well. Cesaer lives in the Dallas area and his primary area of responsibility is to get Enlace USA carried by cable systems throughout America. He’s a great guy with a beautiful family that we’ve known for years. It was good to see him again.

Jim Mcclellan, the “Voice of TBN” and Caable Director for the NW region came in shortly after we sat down. His flight had just arrived. Jim is a great guy with a long list of one-liners and a terrific sens of humor. He keeps everyone laughing all the time. Jim has been on the “MetaFast” diet and has lost 75 pounds since we last saw him. He looked GREAT!!! I said, “Jim, you’re not half the man used used to be”, and he chuckled!

So that was our entire sales team and it was great to have dinner and fellowship together.

On Tuesday, we began our training and sales meetings. Bob kicked it off with a really cool presentation based upon Jesus parable about the servants who were each given a certain amounti of talents, or authority, and he likened it to each of us having responsibility over our particular regions. The afternoon was spent learning new software and programs that will help ease our workload and make us more efficient.

We had dinner together Tuesday at Cool Rivers, a really nice restaurant specializing in steaks. But for some oddball reason, I had Talapia Oscar and it was delicious. Diane just had an appetizer of Coconut Shrimp for her entree’.

Wednesday morning, I kicked off the training with a presentation on “Overcoming Sales Objections”, with part two on “Closing The Sale”.  Everyone was attentive and seemed to enjoy it, so I was very thankful that the Lord helped me through it.

Bob finshed up the afternoon training and then the Sales Leaders for 2010 were recognized. Mark Crouch was the Systems Leader with a total of 237 cable systems adding our networks. I came in second with 229 systems.

Yours truly won the “Subscriber Leader” category with a record 1.2 million subscribers! (insert applause here please!!!) To God be the glory!!!

We were both presented with a really unique trophy: a world globe sitting on a wooden base. Each side of the base has photo cells that use light to run tiny motors inside the base, causing the globe to slowly spin. A really cool trophy! I’ve got it on the mantle in my office.

We all went to Papa Deaux’s Seafood restaurant Wednesday evening. The food was delicious and the fellowship was terrific. Craig left immediately after dinner to return to Oklahoma because a winter storm was moving into the Oklahoma City area and he was driving back.

Gary, Phil, and Jim flew out Thursday morning, while Diane, Mark, and I worked from the Dallas office.  Bob, Joanie, Diane, Mark, and I had dinner together that evening.

Friday morning, Mark left, driving back to Indianapolis. Diane, Cesaer, Bob, and I met with a cable operator in the Dallas area. Immediately after the meeting, Diane and I said our goodbyes to Bob and Cesaer and left Dallas. We stopped again in Bossier City, LA Friday night, got up Saturday and returned to Gadsden. We arrived about 6pm and were exhausted from the trip.

Dale and Connie brought their kids (Tre’, Destiny, Danny, and Dustin) over to spend the night with us. Saturday was Connie’s birthday and we’d promised them we’d keep the kids so they could have an evening to celebrate.

A few minutes later our daughter Diana and Cody (our grandson) came to spend the night with us as well. Diana had stopped by the grocery store for her mom and picked up several items we needed and she spent the night to help us with the grandkids. She is such a special woman!

We had fun together with all our grandkids (except Charity) there. We played the Nintendo Wii. My grandkids discovered that I’m practically unbeatable in bowling and golf) :-)))

We watched a little TV and the smaller kids played with toys while the older ones played Uno with the grownups. All in all, we had a great time!

Diane and I love our kids and grandkids so very much and are blessed to have them!

Sunday afternoon we visited my mother and my younger brother Richard for a couple of hours, then Diane and I came home and crashed. We were so tired!

Yesterday and today it’s been back to work, and we are glad to be back in our normal routine.

I’ll be preaching this afternoon at 5pm at the Campbell Court Community Center and would like to extend a personal invitation to everyone who’s interested in coming. These meeting are open to the public and everyone is welcome. I’d love to meet with you there!

I’ll close for now:

“The Lord bless and keep you; The Lord make His face shine upon you, and be gracious unto you; The Lord lift up His countenance upon you, and give you peace!”

Tuesday – December 24, 2010


I’m sitting in my recliner, waiting on it to perform its magic and take me to never-never land for a much neeed rest!

The last few weeks have been hectic, what with Christmas shopping and finishing up our year at work. Diane and I are off till January.


Since I totaled my truck before Thanksgiving, it’s put a crimp in our style having only one vehicle. I finally settled with the insurance company, but didn’t get as much as I thought I should have. Oh well, at least I will be able to get another vehicle once I decide what I’d like to drive.

It’s Christmas Eve and Diane and  are relaxing. The kids and grandkids just left our house. It’s our tradition to have everyone at our house on December 23 to spend the night wth us since that’s my daughters birthday. We always celebrate her birthday together.

Then we fellowhip, cook our Christmas dinner, and play games that evening and the kids watched Thursday Night NFL Football.

Once the grandkids are in bed we finish wrapping presents, then go to bed.

This year, Dale had to work (3rd shift) so we waited until he got off Friday morning  to have our Christmas together. I had the privilege of handing out the gifts to everyone and Diane helped.

Once all the gifts were opened, the grandkids played with their gifts while the Diane, Diana, Connie and Charity finshed cooking.

About noon, we were honored to have my mom (Mildred Adcock –  age 90) and my younger brother Richard join us for Christmas Dinner. Danny (age 5) had reminded us that the reason we had Christmas was because it was Jesus’ birthday. So after I asked the blessing on our food and families, we all joined hands  and sang happy birthday to Jesus. We let Danny and Dustin blow out a candle for Him!

We had a FEAST! The menu included turkey and dressing with giblet gravy and cranberry sauce, green beans, potato salad, slaw, baked beans, macaroni and cheese, ham, corn on the cob, creamed corn, stuffed eggs, sweet potato fluff, yeast rolls, coconut cake, buttercream frosting with chocolate layered cake, ambrosia, iced tea, fruit tea, pecan pie, and home made assorted candy tray!

God is so good and has blessed us so much. I’m very thankful!

Now everyone’s gone home and Diane and I are resting in our recliners. The kids will have Christmas at home wth their children Christmas morning and we’ll probably all get together and eat leftovers sometime Christmas Day.

I pray that all my friends have as good a meal and as blessed a Christmas as I’ve had this year!


November 25, 2010


My darling wife, my children, their spouses and my six grandchildren, along with my mother and younger brother will all be here for lunch soon. And who knows how many others will show up?

We’re having ham, chicken casserole, dressing and gravy, pinto beans, green beans, potato salad, stuffed eggs, creamed corn, slaw, sweet potato casserole, broccoli casserole, macaroni & cheese, creamed potatos and gravy, cranberry sauce, yeast rolls, cornbread, caramel pie, coconut cake, pink fluff, upsidedown German chocolate bars, sweet tea.

Mmm, Mmm, Mmm… truly a feast in the land of plenty!!!

And it’s all homemade by my sweet little wife and daughter, two of the best cooks in the world.

Blessed..Oh yeah, I’m blessed! Thankful…Oh yeah I’m thankful!!!


October 31, 2010

I haven’t posted in a month, so this will be a lengthy post!

On Wednesday (09/22/10), I worked in the office for TBN all day. After work, I put together 3 counter stools that Diane had bought at Penney’s. Afterwards, Diana (our daughter) came over and we played Scrabble until about 10:30.
After a good night sleep, I went back to work. When I got home, Diane’s sister (Brenda) came over and helped Diane clean the house while I put together the last three counter stools. We now have ten (10), count ‘em, TEN stools at our kitchen table…six swivel, and four wooden.
Work on Friday, then I came home and watched a little TV while playing Texas Hold ‘Em online. Also spent some time praying and studying in preparation for ministry at the Men’s Fellowship Breakfast service at Bethel Baptist Church in S. Gadsden.

Mitchell and I arrived at Bethel Baptist Church Saturday morning about 6:30am. There was a good crowd of men in attendance, so after meeting everyone and sharing a great breakfast, Mitchell and I sang eight or ten songs. Afterward, I preached a brief message entitled, “Being Courageous and Strong”. Everyone seemed blessed by the Lord.

My brother Richard and I went to Atlanta for some business later in the morning. Then  Saturday evening I got into my magic recliner and watched some Auburn football. Later in the evening, I spent time praying and studying for Sunday service.

After having church with Mom and Diane Sunday morning, I went to Sister Julia’s house and had service with her there.
After lunch, Diane and I rode around the county a little while then I came home and took a nap. After dinner, we watched a little TV, then went to bed.

Monday at work I went through a bunch of e-mails, calls, mail, and letters. After work Diane and I had dinner at home together, watched a little TV, then I spent some time preparing for the Tuesday service.

I worked at the office Tuesday, then went to the Campbell Court Community Center and had church with the folks there. I preached about praying one for another, then we put it into practice. God moved by His precious Holy Spirit and everyone was blessed.

The rest of the week went by in a blur as I worked, spent some time working on songs, and preparing for my upcoming trip to the Cleveland/Akron/Canton area.

On Saturday (10/02/10) I left home a little after 1pm and drove to Lexington, KY spent the night, then got up Sunday and drove on to Cleveland, OH. I met with Mark Crouch, the TBN Great Lakes Cable Rep and manager in Indianapolis, and Phil Greenaway, the Cable rep for Ohio and manager of WDLI for dinner.

I hadn’t met Phil before, so it was nice to meet with and get to know him. He’s a great guy with a cool sense of humor. It was good to see Mark again, too. He’s a great guy and it has been too long since our last time together. I always enjoy his company.

On Monday, we visited Cox Cable and met with the V.P. and a couple of others to discuss switching their carriage of the TBN satellite signal to the local broadcast station which Phil manages. We also pitched carriage of the TBN digital networks. Nothing definite was decided, but it was a good meeting that I believe will result in our objectives being accomplished eventually.

On Tuesday we met with the President and the V.P. of Marketing for Massilion Cable. This was a good meeting as well with them showing genuine interest in launching our digital networks.

After dinner Tuesday evening, Mark, Phil, and I said our goodbyes, since Mark and I were returning to our homes on Wednesday.

Brenda and Mitchell Edwards conducted the Tuesday afternoon service at Campbell Court since I was out of town, with Mitchell leading praise and worship and Brenda preaching. I heard they did a good job and everyone was blessed.

Wednesday (10/06) – Today is my sweet wife’s birthday and I’m in Cleveland, OH headed back home. My brother Richard is a truck driver and it turns out he was in the area on his way back to Gadsden as well, so we were able to meet in Kentucky and have dinner together.

On Thursday it was back to work, going through mail & e-mails, returning calls, etc.. I finally finished all my e-mails on Friday.

Saturday afternoon Diane and I drove to Hendersonville, TN. I had arranged to take time off work to attend the Inspiration Christian Country Week festivities at Trinity Music City.
I had entered five of my songs in a songwriting competition.

When my boss at TBN, Bob Higley, found out I would be performing in a showcase on Sunday evening and attending the events there all week, he approved Diane going with me and working from WPGD, the TBN full power station there at Trinity Music City.

What a blessing!!!

Because I did some work for TBN while in Tennessee, I was able to save some of my vacation time and Diane had to use very little of her time as well.

In addition to that, Bob contacted the officials at TBN about out visit there and they allowed us to actually stay in an apartment in the Conway Twitty mansion.

Special thanks to Bob Higley, Russ Hall, Linda Wills and all the staff at Trinity Music City. God used you to bless us and make this one of the most exciting, fun weeks I’ve ever had!

Can you believe that? What a tremendous blessing!

Not only did we save a hotel bill, but we were right in the middle of the entire event, so we could walk to all the various seminars.

My daughter, Diana, and one of my grandsons, Cody, came to watch me perform, as did Mitchel and Brenda Edwards and Brenda’s sister, Nell. I was very thankful for the support.

It was a FANTASTIC week! I got to meet some of the most talented and anointed singers and songwriters in the world.
Sunday afternoon at 1:45pm, I went to the auditorium for a sound check , then went back to the apartment and rested and prayed for a while.

My Showcase Performance was at 6:45pm. I opened with “Would You Look At What Religion Did To Me” and everyone seemed to really enjoy it. I finished with “Momma, Keep On Praying”, dedicating it to my mother and all the moms (and dads) who have ever prayed for wayward children. The crowd really got into the songs, encouraging me with shouts and claps.

It was a wonderful experience!

Diana took HD video of my performance and we’ll post it on YouTube in the next week or so, and let everyone view it.
After the Showcase performances on Sunday evening, many of the performers went down the road a mile or so to the Hyatt Place Hotel. We all gathered in one of the banquet rooms, where all the performers took turns playing guitars and singing.

When it was my turn, I sang an original composition off my “Momma, Keep On Praying” CD, entitled “Let Me Walk Like You Walk” with Mitchell backing me up. Then Mitchell sang a beautiful Chris Tomlin song, “I Will Rise”, with me singing backup. It was a fun time and we stayed until after midnight.

On Monday, I worked on e-mails for a couple of hours, then attended a songwriting seminar, the talent showcases, and a Booking & Managing seminar. Monday evening, Diane and I watched some excellent performers on stage.
Tuesday – I worked on e-mails for an hour or two, then attended several seminars and walked the show floor, visiting with the various artists and groups. Tuesday evening I went to watch the Showcase performances of some other artists. There were some extremely talented performers on stage. I found myself weeping at some of the anointed singing and songwriting.

Wednesday – I worked on e-mails a little, then prayed and prepared for ministry. At 1:45pm I got on stage at “The Acoustic Café”. Everyone had a good time while I played and sing, with many in the audience clapping and singing along with me. Then, Diane and I attended the Showcase performances in the evening.
So many excellent singers, musicians, and songwriters!

I imagine it’s a little like heaven will be…just one large family getting together, with everyone using their talents, gifts, and abilities to worship and praise the Lord!

Thursday morning, Diane and I drove to met with Charter officials in Columbia, TN and discussed carriage of the TBN networks throughout their cable systems. Afterwards, we took them to lunch at O’Charleys.
When we got back to Trinity Music City, Diane went to the office, and I took a nap! J I want to be fresh and wide awake for the Awards Ceremony this evening.

The Awards Ceremony

What a fantastic event! Ricky Scaggs was in attendance along with other stars.
While my songs didn’t win in the songwriting contest, Laura Dodd, a beautiful young woman from Gadsden, Alabama (my hometown ) did win “New Artist of the Year”, making everyone in Gadsden proud!


Friday, Diane and I drove back home, arriving about lunchtime and working in the office Friday afternoon.
After work, we rushed home and unpacked, washing all the dirty clothes and repacking for our trip to New Orleans tomorrow.

Saturday I got up early and met Mitchell at the office. We went to a men’s fellowship breakfast at the North Gadsden Church of God. We sang eight or ten songs, then I preached a brief sermon  and shared some of my testimony.
After the breakfast, Diane and I repacked the truck and drove to New Orleans, LA, arriving about 7pm. We will be attending the annual Cable Television and Marketing (CTAM).

Bob and Joanie arrived about 8pm and we all met for a late dinner. It was so nice to see them again. The last time we were together was in Baltimore at the NCTC show, in late July.

Sunday morning, Bob and I golfed at a local public course and had a good time. While we golfed, Joanie drove to Gulfport, MS and visited with her dad, while Diane slept late and did a little shopping.

We enjoyed dinner together and then retired for the evening.

On Monday we attended the opening session and several seminars , then worked on e-mails in our rooms. Later in the evening, we went to dinner with Mark Lasser from MCN.

Tuesday morning, Diane and I met with some Cox Cable officials to discuss carriage of the TBN networks in the LA, TX, & MS areas. Bob and Joanie had other meetings. We also attended some of the sessions and seminars.

Later in the evening, we attended the CTAM closing banquet/party at The House of Blues. They had a lot of good music there: J.D. and the Straight Shots playing rock and roll; another band playing Cajun music; and others playing the blues

On Wednesday morning, we all attended the Christians In Communications (CIC) breakfast. The speaker was Danny Abramowitch, a former wide receiver for the New Orlean Saints and former NFL coach. He gave a very motivational speech, challenging each of us to be prepared for eternity and to live our faith in the workplace.

By 11am, we were all packed up, and after saying our goodbyes to Bob and Joanie, they headed back to Texas while we drove back to Gadsden.

After all the travel, I was glad to be back in the office on Thursday. I had a load of e-mails, mail, calls to return and sort through. By Friday evening I had finally caught up.

Friday evening, I was invited to sing at The New Life Tabernacle church in Attalla, AL. It was a blessed evening with Pastor Mike and Evangelist Mike Feree.

Saturday morning I played golf  with my brother and some other friends and had a good time, although I didn’t play as well as I wanted to.

When I got back home, I was pleasantly surprised by my entire family coming to the house to view the video of my singing at the ICM Awards week. How sweet is that? I love my family!!!

I’m calling this my video premiere! LOL!

Saturday afternoon I watched Auburn play, and later Alabama.

Both teams won so WAR EAGLE and ROLL TIDE!

Later I prayed and studied in preparation for Sunday services.

Sunday, Diane and I had church with my mom then I went to Sister Julia’s and had church with her. Her son (only child) had visited her the prior week from Washington state. The first time she had seen him in ten years!
After lunch, I spent the afternoon resting at home.

Monday was back to work. After work, it was study & prayer time for Tuesday’s service.

I took a day off from work on Tuesday. I really felt myself under spiritual attack and spent time in prayer. Later, Diane and I met Mitchell and Brenda at the Campbell Court Community Center for church service there. It seems the last few weeks I’m beginning to sense a spiritual breakthrough, possibly in the lives of some of the people there, certainly in my life. I’m feeling a real stirring of the Holy Spirit in my heart and a strong anointing to preach His word. Praise God!!!

On Wednesday after work, my daughter and I worked on our songbooks, then I spent some time writing songs and typing sermons, and I also worked on this blog!

Now it’s Thursday (10/28/10) and I’m looking forward to spending the next few days at home with my friends and family.

Please remember to pray for our service at Campbell Court Community Center each Tuesday at 5pm. The public is invited, so if you’re able to attend, we’d love to have you. Directions are available on my website: www.davidadcock.org

Please keep me and the various ministries God has entrusted to me in your prayers. Remember to pray over the prayer requests on the website.

I love you all and may God bless you. I’ll post again soon, God willing.

Comments are closed.